Table of Contents
- Who are we?
- What information can we collect from you?
- Credit checking
- Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
- For how long do we keep personal information?
- How do we protect your data in Europe?
- How can I change the personal information Lunacloud holds about me?
- How do we protect your personal information?
- What type of Cookies do we use?
- Where We Store Your Personal Data
- How can I find out what information Lunacloud holds about me?
- How do I access the information?
Who are we?
Lunacloud (“we”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is Lunacloud. For the purposes of this policy, the term “visitor” includes visitors to our website who are not yet customers.
We have developed this policy because we want you to feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal information. We take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal information.
What information can we collect from you?
We may collect and process the following data about you.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.lunacloud.com (“our site”) or any other site of our network, under the domain lunacloud.com. This includes information provided at the time of opening the account, subscribing to a service, submitting a support ticket, requesting for information, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- We have information about your use of our services (such as the amount of resources you use), which we use to manage our network, and for billing. We may also use this information for marketing products and services but we will give the option to opt out of receiving this material.
- We may ask you from time to time about what use you make of the services we provide, what other services you would like us to provide in the future, and for other information, such as lifestyle data.
- We collect information from visitors to our websites to help us to make improvements to the websites and to the services we make available.
- We may also monitor and record our communications with you, including e-mails and phone conversations. Information which we collect may then be used for training purposes, quality assurance, to record details about the products and services you order from us, and in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations generally.
- We may receive personal information about you from other companies and organisations (for example, for marketing purposes) and we rely on these third parties to obtain your consent for us to use this information.
When you order goods and services from Lunacloud, we may make enquiries about you for credit reference purposes. These enquires include searching your records held by a Credit Reference Agency (CRA) and checking any details held on you by Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPA’s). When CRA’s receive a search from us they will place a footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other organisations. At all times where your information is disclosed to us we will protect it in accordance with this policy and keep it secure. We do this to help protect you from identity theft and fraud, and also to prevent and detect crime and money laundering.
Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
We sometimes may use other companies to provide services to you or to provide services to us. To enable them to do this, we may need to share your personal information with them. When we do so, these companies are required to act in accordance with the instructions we give them and they must meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act to keep the information secure. We may provide information, in response to properly made requests, for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, and the apprehension or prosecution of offenders. We may also provide information for the purpose of safeguarding national security. In either case we do so in accordance with the Data Protection Act. We also provide information when required to do so by law, for example under a court order, or in response to properly made demands, under powers contained in legislation.
For how long do we keep personal information?
Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
How do we protect your data in Europe?
We comply with Directive 95/46/EC, which relates to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of data. Countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to have a similar standard of protection of personal data but this is not always the case in countries outside of the EEA.
How can I change the personal information Lunacloud holds about me?
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate, please let us know and we will make the necessary amendments and confirm that these have been made.
How do we protect your personal information?
We are serious about guarding the security of your personal information and the details of any transactions made. We take appropriate organisational and technical security measures to protect your data against unauthorised disclosure or processing.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. Cookies cannot be executed as code or used to deliver a virus. Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
What type of Cookies do we use?
Two types of cookies may be used on this website, session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
We may use a third party to serve advertisements on our site. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use various security measures to protect the information we collect, as appropriate to the type of information, including encryption, firewalls, and access controls. Our company databases are accessible only by persons who have entered into and are bound by a confidentiality and nondisclosure agreement with us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How can I find out what information Lunacloud holds about me?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms/web portals we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How do I access the information?
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a small fee – that we will communicate to get your approval after the request – to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.